Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Collin County Community College...Cougars...


Today we went to Collin County Community College(the Spring Creek Campus) because I could finally register for classes! Given my AP scores, I don't have to take a science if I'm going to transfer to a university. I am exempt from the first two level english course. I don't have to take government, or econ. Collin College accepts 3's on AP tests as credit for their courses, which UTDallas does not, unless those credits are transferred from a junior college. So I can get more class credit out of my AP scores than expected.


I'll still have to take a math placement test, but that shouldn't be too hard. I have already registered for British Literature I, Western Civilizations I, and Texas Government. I still need my math course, and then technically I don't need to take any more classes, but I might anyways.


As for T.J., they allowed him to register for his classes even though the college had not gotten his transcripts. He will be taking computer animation and game art classes.

We also found out that since Mom and Dad actually purchased our house, rather than rent or mortgage, that means they own property in Collin County, which means that Collin County Community College considers T.J. and I residents. So we don't have to pay out of state fees! This saves us thousands of dollars.

This turned out to be "the best two hours of our time since we came here," according to Mom. She's probably right, since it will be saving us thousands of dollars, and ensuring that we actually get to attend college in the fall.

2 comments:



  1. Very nice info given in this blog.We are Restaurant furniture suppliers USA. We always provide excellent, professional service to global buyers with our high-quality products, and our focus is on the customer.
    office furniture suppliers Austin,executive furniture in Texas,office furniture suppliers USA and Canada.We have Restaurant Furniture Stores USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super-Duper site! I am Loving it!! Will come back again, Im taking your feed also, Thanks.
    probate collin county texas

    ReplyDelete