Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Woolie Ewe


Yay! Mom and I went on an adventure to find the yarn store and we did!The Woolie Ewe is rather unimpressive from the outside, but then you step inside and it's like BAM! Yarn!


They have yarns I've never even heard of before, and some that I've only seen on Ravelry (Which, if you knit or crochet, is an awesome site. Full of free patterns and advice and all that fun stuff.)


This place was just packed with yarn. It was amazing. A lot of it is reasonably priced too, especially if you can get it on sale.


See that down there? That's the yarn I got. The yellow stuff in the middle. It was $4 per skein. This is not outrageous for yarn. Especially for yarn that is part merino wool, part alpaca, and part silk.


It is softer than any other yarn I've worked with, and I'm kind of in love with the color. I normally don't like yellow, but this isn't an annoying, loud yellow. It's more golden, and looks like Autumn and leaves changing color.


It's probably going to get made into a hat. Specifically, a beret, because my school is freezing and a beret keeps your head warm while not looking stupid if worn inside.
And it will probably be worn often. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment